I have spent all week trying to crochet a scrubbie out of plastic shopping bags, here is the pattern I used
I made and pull out several, 2 got to the sewing up stage, I even made one out of wool to see if I was doing it right, but I think the plastic bags crochet up too thick as they just would not spiral.
Not to be out done I then knitted one out of plastic bags, this worked well although next time I will add extra stitches and maybe rows and will stuff it a bit with the plastic bags to make it more puffy. I used wool to sew the seams together and gather the ends as the plastic yarn was not thick enough. Will let the girls try it out on the dishes tonight to see how it goes.